work week

Thursday, September 03, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

I don't think I'll ever be ready for adult life. Work has been on my mind a little too much. Fighting for what you really like is tough. But who else is going to fight for it but you. Making it a point to persevere, and ever grateful for the little acts of supports. A little goes a long way. 

Always looking forward to lunch as a break from everything. Hell am I getting old. Can't wait to finish this project and actually start being more creative before I lose it. 

Basil - Kallang Wave Mall
The atmosphere here was nice - quiet and fresh. I felt the food was only so-so though and our order got mixed up twice. But the fresh basil saved it I guess. Nothing like fresh herbs, so difficult to find nowadays. I liked the fish cake (could be less sweet) and the omelette was really fluffy. The pineapple fried rice was not too bad - though personally, I hate raisins and sultanas but after picking them out it was still alright. I'm not sure if it's part of the "fresh" concept but the vegetables were a tad too fresh. Maybe for drinks and a snack to chill out, it would be a good place to visit. 









After lunch we picked up some buns at MK bakery in the same mall. The Belgian chocolate bun was a great boost to carry on with work. Mochi texture and lava chocolate in the middle. Who wouldn't like that. And who has donuts for breakfast? (Me waving my arms madly) yep, I saved the chocolate donut for breakfast and it still tasted awesome. (I am a chocote addict, I will not lie - I could bathe in chocolate sprinkles) 


I never knew that there was a mall near the new stadium until mama lai brought us for dinner there. (My momma more hip than yours) but it's a pretty cool place. There are a number of places to eat and even rock climbing walls. (In the middle of the mall?!) So I guess if you're the active type, it would be fun. Though I much prefer to be as close to the ground as possible and just enjoy my donut from there. I think a sloth would describe me pretty well. 

Cafe Melba - Goodman Arts Centre
Not the first time and definitely not the last time I'll eat here. One of the better cafes to chill out and have good food. (Great date place) Cafe Melba has good pasta and pizza and the best sweet potato fries (everrr). 





Here's a reminder not to forget to take your mind off work once in awhile to enjoy a little time alone or together alone with the ones you love. 

X, Amelia 



0 comments: