TGIF

Friday, August 21, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

Life is full of uncertainties but we can't keep letting it hold us back, 
we need to learn to let go and find the thing that keeps us going. 

At times, past events or experiences may come back and haunt us, trying to force itself as a regret rather than just another memory. And it makes you wonder if you're on the right track, or just wandered back to square one. Sometimes it makes you feel inadequate, like you don't deserve better, because of how brutal people can be with their words and actions. If there is anything I learnt, is that people are beautiful in their own ways (well, most people anyway) and just like how we wouldn't say or do something hurtful to someone else, we shouldn't do it to ourselves too. There is much love to give but so much self loathing. Sure, there are times when we do drown in the toxic and negativity from situations or other people. But there comes a point where we have to snap out of it because it is damaging - all the hurtful self questioning and ridiculous expectations we place on ourselves. I'm not going to be righteous about this because even I'm still learning to love myself enough to know that I deserve better. 

Doesn't matter if people do not understand and throw judgements around because I think I know better than them what I should do with my life. And if you really are so free to bring others down, use the time to ponder if your life is that great. Because chances are, you're in your own bubble, which people honestly ain't got time for. Everyone has different standards of love and forgiveness and just because I don't see things your way, it doesn't necessarily mean that I am wrong. If I deem i deserve better, I will fight for it, if i'm not, i'll make sure I become worthy. Right now, I'm perfectly happy and people who understand will be happy too. 

There are never regrets, just lessons to be learnt. So take chances and give yourself chances - to fail, to fall, to be happy, to be loved. 



Fridate at Whisk & Paddle and Oblong.
Quiet and relaxing atmosphere and good food plus the best ice cream waffle combi. 
(or maybe I'm just biased because I had the best company. Try it for yourself!)
Even though it was really cloudy and drizzly, the walk along the waterway was really nice and breezy. So refreshing to be somewhere serene for a change.


Whisk & Paddle 

Address: 10 Tebing Lane, 828836
Phone:6242 4617






Seafood pasta and miso cod. 
Seafood was really fresh (the prawns were crunchy and sweet) and pasta was done just right, with tomato sauce that wasn't too tangy. 
Cod was fleshy and juicy paired with the miso was just the right amount of sweet and salty. The mash was on point and don't even get me started on the lotus chips (I could eat a whole basket of it)





Looking for turtles




Red velvet waffles with earl grey ice cream at Oblong. 
This place has some pretty cool deco and details but I was too busy savouring the waffle (oops) 
Hidden in Serangoon gardens, among all the awesome food, it can be easy to miss. But honestly I think it beats the other ice cream places there. The cream cheese between the waffles was absolute heaven. Even though I'm not that big of an ice cream fan, I'm definitely going to be craving for this (and quite often - what is diet anyway?)




X, amelia

0 comments: